Monday

Is there a Tempts song that I don't like???

Hmmm....I was thinking about this while listening to the wonderful
and vast lineup of wonderful songs and singing on the "Emperors of Soul"

Is there a song that I don't love?? Yeah...a couple
that I don't like?? hmm....that is harder, I like most of their songs
Yes, some of the (very) early work is much less distinctive, but the
voices are great...(sometimes the material not so much)

There is probably only one song I personally "don't like"...and flip through
on a cd...it is "Angel Doll". I don't remember it from the days when I bought
Tempts records on vinyl, or from the radio.

I think I heard it on "compilation" albums. I recently did a little google on it
and was surprised to find that Stevie Wonder was one of the songwriters??? That
was a surprise cause I love Stevie Wonder and have seen him perform twice.

However, something about the song still "jars" me or annoys me...David sings it
well, the voices are great but it seems like it is "speeding" too fast, and for me that gets annoying.

Click here to hear Angel Doll

(Oh...and I am not crazy about some of the Broadway show tune/"standard" Las Vegasy
stuff....cause I don't like that sort of Music, but I would still rather hear the Temptations sing it than anyone else)

So, yes the only song I would say I really DO NOT like is "Angel Doll"...sort of the Temptations merged with the Chipmunks

1 comments:

DetroitTemps said...

Personally I'm not a fan of the way they perform any of the Broadway tunes. This is not to say that these
performers are not extremely talented. They all seem to be professional dancers which is cool. Though I've only seen a few clips of them what I'm really not partial to is when they do routines for certain songs in the Broadway show the Temps never did on stage.

For example, digressing to the movie and obviously not the same actors, on Beauty's Only Skin Deep the real routine never went like that. Ok let me contradict myself a little here. I did like the movie version of the song and I wouldn't have been mad if the real Temps had actually did it that way.

However, since I never saw the Reunion Temps do the song live maybe they did perform it in that fashion. The only problem is why would all "7" Temptations in the reunion shows do the song when it was originally done by only "5"? Same with the Jackson 5 TV movie. They had them do an entirely different routine for Dancing Machine they never did when they performed the song.

As far as not liking any of the Temptations songs, for me I would say there are songs that are not not high on my list. Such as some of the tracks from their unreleased songs in the very very early days even before David. You can hear that they were still searching for their Highest Potential and the writers still trying to find the right material for them. So basically, I like em' all!

 
Template by Exotic Mommie