Tuesday

Temptations Forever...in Perspective

My very favorite group of all time...ever...Temptations forever

The Tempations in Perspective

I grew up with the Temptations Music...hit after hit...always something new
on the radio. They were the Premier American Group...just about the ONLY American
group that kept turning out hits during the "British Invastion"

Hit after Hit...

I now sit around on Youtube arguing with 13 year old boys in Spain etc about this..
I don't think kids today understand just how "dominant" the Temptations really were.

They rose to the top with the "Classic Five" lineup...the hits from Eddie and David..
then despite troubles and line up changes they came out with new and exciting material with Dennis Edwards, moving from "Classic Soul" into Funk.

Today we see so many flash in the pan groups. We see groups that are one hit wonders. And Prima Donna Groups that take years between albums.

The Temptations just kept on bringing out the songs, the voices....the harmony
Love songs, funny songs, dancing songs, sad songs, Christmas Songs, "Standard" songs,
funky songs, "message songs", even a bit of gospel and Broadway...
I loved them all. Plus they were on TV a lot too...even Ed Sullivan which was a HUGE show back in the 60's.

If I had only one group to listen to forever, it would of course be the Temptations
In fact...that is about what I do anyhow...mostly I listen to the Tempts
(with a bit of Motown, Manhattans, Classic Rock and yeah a little pop thrown in there)

The Tweens (Spanish and otherwise) should understand that these songs were what everyone listened to. Hit after Hit.

FanBlog dedicated to the "WORLD'S GREATEST GROUP"


Temptations Forever...my all time Favorite Group.
I have seen them in various lineups..and I have loved
every one. I last saw them in West Palm Beach in Feb 2009...Fantastic

Links, Favorite Videos, Facts, Trivia, and Tributes to the Temptations.



1 comments:

KeeKee said...

The movie confused me because I thought Otis and Josephine divorced in 64 but I heard he and Patti LaBelle dated in 63 and were engaged why was there no mention of that in the movie. It says it in both of their bios

 
Template by Exotic Mommie